Thursday 5 November 2015

Summer of 2015 - July - Part 2!

Summer - July - Part 2 . . . am I kidding!  How have I managed to become so far behind in my blog posts . . . . I don't know! 
 
Let me try to remember a little bit about these next few pictures - :) 
 
When we are out of town (which seems to be a lot lately) someone has to look after our dog and two cats . . . I made this quilt for Trish to thank her for being such a great pet sitter.  Trish lives on our farm, and is a horse lover - actually, she's a lover of all animals.  Freehand swirls, Hobbs 80/20 batting, Glide thread.
 
 

Horse quilt - back

Violet - one of Trish's horses

Heather made a twister quilt for her mom. I used that back and forth quilting in the background, and those twisters just popped.  I think her mom will love it - her mom's also a quilter and as Heather said, "quilters don't often get quilts as gifts" - she's right about that, isn't she!  Glide Thread; Hobbs 80/20 batting.




Barb's quilt is made from a variety of Christmas fabrics.  I put Dave Hudson's Snowflake panto on it . . . it's a fairly large scale panto - not sure if I love it, but really like the snowflake shapes.


Snowflake Panto - close up

Brenda's been at it again - making quilts for her grand kids!  This first one is a Super Heroes quilt for her grandson.  Bauhaus panto; Glide Thread


Super Heroes quilt- backing (flannel)
This cute one is for Brenda's granddaughter.  Love the large scale print!  Daisy Chain panto; Glide thread.

Backing (flannel)
and then the Dinosaur Quilt-  Brenda made this using a panel and adding borders.  I think there's plenty of little ones that would love this quilt to snuggle with!!  Come Dance With Me panto; Glide Thread; Wool batting. 




Well, I think that's about it for July.  Considering I was away for two weeks, I think I did pretty well!  Until next time, Happy Quilting from the Little House.

sneak peek . . .  Whimsical Bloomers . . .

No comments:

01 09 10