Saturday 25 April 2015

Let's get this party started . . . !!!

Lo de Marcos, Nayarit, Mexico

Well, that's a catchy little title - but I really just used it to get your attention - after all, it's been over 6 months since I last posted!  Shame on me . . . but I was away from quilting until the beginning of April, and since then have just been go, go, go!

The name of this post should really be "All in the Family" or maybe "Better Late than Never" - because I'm finally going to show you the quilts I finished up in November (yes, November 2014) before leaving for my little winter paradise spot.


All of these quilters are in the same family - sisters in law, mothers, mothers in law, cousins, aunts . . I'm so fortunate to have met Heather, who introduced me to her quilting family!

Heather gave me a couple of quilt tops.  She always knows how she wants them quilted - and I'm happy to do what I can.  I'm pretty sure they are both Camille Roskelley patterns. 

The first one was quilted freehand with a kind of figure 8 pattern.  Glide Thread; Hobbs 80/20 batting.





This next one was for Heather's daughter.  Originally, we chose Double Bubble panto with a teal colored thread.  I wasn't loving how it was looking so I sent Heather this picture - she wasn't loving it either - LOL! 

 It just so happened that the day before a package came in the mail for me which included "Dragonfly Pond" - perfect!!!  Here's the finished product - Glide thread; Hobbs 80/20 batting



Becky is Heather's sister-in-law - and she made another Camille Roskelley pattern.  Becky asked me weeks before if I could get Retro Revolution panto (Urban Elementz) - perfect choice, Becky!  See how it matches the fabric on the backing?



 
 
 
 
Becky's quilt - backing

Kelly is also Heather's sister-in-law.  She made a humungous Swoon quilt (yes, Camille Roskelley again) - in more traditional fabrics.  She chose the Baptist Fan panto . . . another perfect choice!



Kelly's Swoon - backing
Jean is Heather's mom.  Her kids gave her the fabric and pattern for this log cabin quilt - and she did a beautiful job of piecing it.  It is another rather large quilt!  Wildflowers panto; Glide thread; Hobbs 80/30 batting.




Beth is Becky's mom (hope you're keeping track of the family tree).  Her lap quilt was a flannel sampler - so nice and cozy.  Glide Thread; Starburst panto





Helga is Heather's cousin - so I guess Jean's niece.  Her quilt is a Christmas quilt - it turned out very festive!  Hollyberries panto, Glide thread; Hobbs 80/20 batting





Audrey is Heather's aunt, Helga's mother and Jean's sister - I did quilt for her back in the summer, but forgot to post pictures (sorry :( ) - I can't find the pictures of it - but I remember the quilt - it was made from is lovely rich autumn colors - I believe it was for a wedding present.  Panto:  Come Dance with Me; Glide thread; Hobbs 80/20 batting.  - If I find the picture, I'll post it later.



So, did you keep that all straight??  I've got a few more quilts to show you from November, but they are not from the "family", so I'll post separately - then I'll be caught up and be able to show you some of the exciting quilting I've been doing in April.

Until next time, catching up in the Little House!

No comments:

01 09 10