Friday 17 August 2012

PPP . . . .

PPP - if you don't know stands for Practice, Practice, Practice . . . it's just like driving a car, you need to just do it over, and over until it becomes effortless.  So, I pulled out this quilt top that I've been meaning to do something with for months and voila . . . (p)feathers!!!  (that's Claudia speak for feathers).  This was a very easy pattern to piece - it's really just jelly rolls strips cut into squares, then cut into quarters, and then sewn into squares again . . . easy peazy!!  I took Claudia's tips on quilting back-tracking (p)feathers, added a bit of ribbon candy in the sashing, and some penguins in the borders . . . Fil-tec Glide thread, Hobbs Wool batting . . .

Ribbon Candy and (p)feathers


ppp

ppp - hanging out!

ppp - close up



On Tuesday morning, I thought I'd take some photos of some of my flowers around the house . . . the sun was just right and made the flowers so beautiful!  Good thing . . . because Tuesday afternoon we had a freak storm - hail pounded my flowers to almost nothing, ruined the crop of oats and soaked the hay that was just about ready to bale . . . oh well, what can you do?  At least I have the pictures!!

 



I have two awesome wedding quilts on the go right now, but will have to save them til after the nuptials  ;)  Enjoy the last few weeks of summer . . . .

2 comments:

Crazy Creek Creations said...

Wow - love your work Bev. I've been trying to master those ribbon candy for a while but definitely need more practise. The flowers are gorgeous too!

maggie muggins said...

I love the way that quilt turned out Bev! Your feathers are awesome! And the ribbon candy! I have trouble getting mine nice and even like that. The wool batting really makes the quilting show up nicely, doesn't it? Sorry about your flowers and garden but I guess that means more time to quilt now eh? We got the tail end of that storm too, but no hail, just terrific wind and hard rain.

01 09 10